In July 2007, Gilles Schaefer created CAR&D, a contraction of CAR and R&D
- Graduate of the Nantes Ecole Centrale.
- Board member of the Vehicle Dynamics technical division of the French SIA Society of Automobile Engineers.
- Former SERA-CD Project Director, Mr. Schaefer brings 30 years of technical experience and expertise to this new dynamic company.
CAR&D is :
- Member of the French Automotive Cluster Mov'eo, SME copilot of the strategic axis "Demonstrators and Low Carbon Vehicles".
- Member of research contract structure association (In french ASRC Association des Structures de Recherche sous Contrat)
- Expert for Innovation Proposals for OSEO, ANR, ADEME, Mov'eo and reviewer for international vehicle dynamics journals and congresses.
CAR&D range of services includes the following :
- At first at the step of concept, a proactive feasibility study
- Then at the step of design studies, 3D-CAD and simulation
- At the demonstrator step, the integration of a prototype, its testing with Data acquisition and tuning
- The studies of Pre-industrial version including some tooling
- To propose technical partners for the production of small and medium series
These services are provided with the following features :
- Are made on the basis of a detailed proposal either on a time and expenses basis (consultancy services) or for a fixed fee (general case)
- Include the transfer of the intellectual property rights of the studies towards the customer
- Can include the possible patents from the enrichment of the initial ideas
- Are Eligible to the Research Tax Credit CIR
See our web site for examples of our services.